Zero Carbon Project - Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain
Zero Carbon Project is tackling climate change using the blockchain and international carbon credits. Renewable energy has responded well to the challenge but its impact has been too small and too slow.
The Zero Carbon Market can deliver a quicker reduction of carbon emissions by beating both renewable energy and fossil fuels on price.
Climate change poses catastrophic risks with uncertain timeframes.Climate change is a global problem.The world’s politicians have been working on regulatory solutions to the problem, the latest major milestone being the Paris Climate Agreement adopted in December 2015.
- However, temperatures continue to rise
- weather systems are becoming more erratic
- Arctic ice-caps continue to melt
- atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide are rising
- and coal fire generators are still under construction.
Renewable energy technologies are responding well but they remain too expensive and so their impact on carbon emissions is slow.
Consumers are concerned about climate change but they continue to choose more affordable electricity generated from fossil fuels.
Zero carbon markets delivers lower prices by applying intense competition and allowing suppliers to offset carbon emissions using international carbon credits
Consumers benefit with lower prices, by helping tackle climate change and by earning valuable Energis token rewards
Energis tokens are rewards for consumers that tokenise the value of the future service; and can be traded on liquid third party crypto-exchanges
Suppliers benefit by winning new customer business at a low acquisition cost and by using cheaper international carbon credits
The Zero Carbon Project’s goal is to speed up the transition to zero carbon emissions from energy which believe can reduce the risks of catastrophic effects from climate change. Initially, while renewable energy remains too expensive for mass adoption, the Project will use international carbon credits and intense competition of the Market to provide a cheaper zero carbon energy alternative to burning fossil fuels.
Suppliers of zero carbon energy can source from fossil fuels but pay a small premium to offset the carbon emissions using international carbon credits.
To cover the carbon offset premium in order to beat fossil fuel prices,Market applies intense competition by attracting a wide range of suppliers to Market with their best zero carbon energy prices, tailored specifically to consumers size, location and usage pattern.
- Suppliers submit their best zero carbon energy offers
- Offers are compared transparently using like-for-like comparisons, using an online switching system for households and an online reverse auction system for business.
- Consumers select their preferred cheapest contract option across Market.
- The consumer completes the contract directly with the successful energy supplier.
Energis tokens have been designed to be valuable in order to provide the catalyst for change and provide incentives for consumers to contribute towards tackling climate change.
Smart contracts have been deployed to the blockchain to manage the use and flow of Energis token transactions in the Energis economy.
- Energy suppliers (or consumers) pay transaction fees for using the Zero Carbon Market. They are calculated using USD or local currencies, but the fees must be paid using Energis tokens, creating an internal demand for the tokens.
- Up to 70% of these fees are then recycled to energy consumers as rewards for switching to zero carbon energy and helping tackle climate change.
- Energy suppliers need to purchase Energis tokens to pay transaction fees. Consumers and token owners can offer to sell their Energis tokens across third party crypto-exchanges at a market price based on their own value assessment.
- As consumer base grows, the demand for Energis tokens increases to pay higher transaction fees. This increase in demand is constrained by a limited supply of Energis tokens. This is the Energis economic cycle.
PreICO price: 1 NRG = 0.10 USD
Price in ICO: 1 NRG = 0.2 USD
Tokens for sale: 121,330,000
Distributed in ICO: 51%
Soft cap: 2,000,000 USD
Hard cap: 20,000,000 USD
- COMPLETE ZERO CARBON MARKET SOFTWARE
- DEPLOY TEST SMART CONTRACTS
- DEPLOY ENERGIS TOKEN CONTRACT
- DEPLOY TOKEN SALE SMART CONTRACTS
- REGISTER ENERGY SUPPLIERS IN UK
- MARKET TO CONSUMERS FROM CRYPTO COMMUNITY
- DEPLOY ENERGIS ECONOMY SMART CONTRACTS
- LIST ON DISTRIBUTED CRYPTO EXCHANGE
- LAUNCH ZERO CARBON MARKET IN UK
- REGISTER 1,000 HOUSEHOLD ENERGY CONSUMERS IN UK
- MODIFY MARKET SOFTWARE FOR AUSTRALIAN MARKET
- REGISTER ENERGY SUPPLIERS IN AUSTRALIA
- LAUNCH ZERO CARBON MARKET IN AUSTRALIA
- MODIFY MARKET SOFTWARE FOR GERMANY, TEXAS AND US EAST COAST MARKETS
- REGISTER ENERGY SUPPLIERS IN GERMANY, TEXAS AND US EAST COAST
- GROW CONSUMER BASE TO 3,000 HOUSEHOLDS
- ADD MORE FEATURES TO MARKET SOFTWARE
- IMPLEMENT BLOCKCHAIN SCALING SOLUTIONS
- LAUNCH ZERO CARBON MARKET IN GERMANY, TEXAS AND US EAST COAST MARKETS
- REGISTER ENERGY SUPPLIERS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD
- LAUNCH ZERO CARBON MARKET IN FRANCE, ITALY, SPAIN, NETHERLANDS, CANADA, JAPAN AND NEW ZEALAND MARKETS
- GROW CONSUMER BASE TO 30,000 HOUSEHOLDS
The Zero Carbon Project has been established by a group of energy market professionals who are passionate about contributing to the global climate change challenge through the application of new technologies. The team works for Beond Group which is an energy and carbon consultancy servicing top end energy users such as Knight Frank, Capita and Salford City Council. Beond is an award-winning European energy consultancy based in London.
All additional information about the Zero Carbon Project project can be obtained from official sources:
: Wir shtrez22