The superbly beautiful ruins of Kilchurn Castle spotlit by the early morning light of dawn, reflected in the still and peaceful waters of Lock Awe.
Kilchurn Castle is a ruined structure on a rocky peninsula at the northeastern end of Loch Awe, in Argyll and Bute, Scotland. It was first constructed in the mid-15th century as the base of the Campbells of Glenorchy, who extended both the castle and their territory in the area over the next 150 years. After the Campbells became Earls of Breadalbane and moved to Taymouth Castle, Kilchurn fell out of use and was in ruins by 1770. It is now in the care of Historic Environment Scotland and is open to the public in summer.
Dalmally, Argyll and Bute, Scotland
(right click on image and click on "view image" to see full size image)
Credits : twiston
Like - Subscribe